I thought I’d take a quick look back over the last two months, see how I faired on what I set out to do.
- Finish 2 database books by the end of the year – I didn’t manage to finish either, though I started both the ones I said I’d read, and a third one. Part of the problem is that I was studying for an exam until mid december
- Write at least 1 blog post a week here – Looking back I see that I wrote 8 posts in 8 weeks, however one was decidedly not SQL related and a second was just a comment on an exam. Not too bad.
- Listen to at least 1 SQL related podcast a week – This one was easy. I listened to a mixture of sswug.org, SQL Down Under and some HanselMinutes, just for a change.
Now for the next 6 months.
- Read and finish one database book every 2 months. I don’t think I’m going to be able to do more than this, especially since I have a thesis to write.
- Read at least one C# book
- One blog post a week
- One SQL or development related podcast a week.
We’ll see in 6 months how well this goes.